The rules for a Liebster Award are as follows:
I have chosen the delightful bloggers at:
Bagels to Broccoli
Bagels to Broccoli
It was pretty easy for me; cooking was the only hobby I had that I felt would translate into a blog. I'm not super fitnessy (I go to the gym just enough to moderately offset the cookies), I don't really craft, etc. I do love to read, but I didn't think that would be a great blog topic for the long haul. So, cooking it was.
2. Do you have any children? How do they influence your blogging?
I don't have kids, but I do babysit a lot, so I'm around them. A couple of them have starred on this blog before here. I try to cook with them as much as possible, since I want them to have good life skills, but I don't think they really influence my blogging. Definitely my life though.
3. What is your favorite thing to read?
Honestly, basically anything. I just really, really love reading. A lot. Right now, I'm reading Conduct Under Fire, which is about 4 American doctors who become POWs under the Japanese during World War II. I find that time period absolutely fascinating and kind of (definitely) wish that I had lived in it. Before this, I read The Poisonwood Bible, which is about a Christian missionary family who goes to the Congo right before/during their independence. I seriously love to read everything, so any suggestions are more than welcome.
4. How has blogging changed your life?
Well, it's definitely made me a more confident cook. There are many things that I'm not sure I would have tried, had I not thought that putting them on the blog would be fun. Some of them are fails, which is ok. So that's maybe the other thing it's taught me - failing isn't the actual end of the world. Even if you put in on the internet.
5. What is your favorite blog?
Ooooh, that's a tough one. The first blog I ever read was Cheap Healthy Good, so that obviously has a special place in my heart. But I think my current favorite is How Sweet It Is. The women who writes it is absolutely hilarious. Clearly, we share a sense of humor. And her recipes...gah. SO GOOD.
6. What is your happy thought/place?
7. Do you like to cook, bake, or both?
I used to prefer baking, but I think I've switched and now prefer cooking. Don't get me wrong, I still love to bake, but I think cooking better lends itself to experimentation. There is a lot more science in baking, and while I'm a good directions follower (which I swear is really the key to being a decent baker), to be a good cook, you don't have to be as precise to get a delicious result.
8. What could you talk about for hours?
Basically anything. I'm chatty.
9. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Oh so very many. In no particular order: Applebee's, Wendy's, trash TV, day-long naps, Pinterest, Danielle Steel novels....I could go on, but it's just getting embarrassing now.
10. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dog person all the way.
11. What is your favorite board game?
Cards Against Humanity. I love anything that brings out the most ridiculous and sketchy in people.
Now, love ladies listed above, it's your turn!
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What is your favorite Robin Williams movie?
3) Do you have any pets?
4) If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
5) What's your favorite book?
6) What do you do to relax?
7) If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you want the most?
8) Did you go to college? If so, where?
9) If you could chose to go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
10) What is your favorite 90's television show?
11) What is your ultimate comfort food?